When: Thursday, November 2, 2017 8:30AM-3:30PM
Where: Santa Ynez Valley Marriott, 555 McMurray Rd, Buellton, CA 93427
In February 2016, the County of Santa Barbara became the second county in California to adopt a Healthy Eating Active Living (HEAL) Resolution. The HEAL Resolution conveys the County’s commitment to promote and support efforts to foster healthy lifestyles for community residents. In addition to the County of Santa Barbara, HEAL Resolutions have been adopted locally by the cities of Lompoc, Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, Arroyo Grande, Grover Beach, San Luis Obispo, Moorpark, Ventura.
Learn More about HEAL Communities.
This year, the Live Well Santa Barbara County Coalition will be hosting its inaugural HEAL Summit. The Summit will be held in Buellton, CA on November 2, 2017. The Summit will be centered on the three pillars of the Santa Barbara County HEAL Resolution; Community Design, Food Access, and Workplace Wellness.
The HEAL Summit will bring together municipal leaders, Live Well communities and experts in the field to advance Healthy Eating and Active Living (HEAL) across Santa Barbara County.
HEAL Food Access Pillar
- Proactive food distribution and recovery systems
- Food insecurity matters
- Environmental Health regulations and policies
- Local procurement guidance
HEAL Workplace Wellness Pillar
- Culture of Health & Wellness for the Workplace
- A healthier workplace can contribute to increased morale, fewer sick days and higher productivity.
HEAL Community Planning Pillar
- Sustainability Planning and Community Health, Complete Parks, Safe Routes to Schools
- Access to everyday physical activity through sidewalks and bike paths, the availability of parks and open space for recreation, close proximity of housing to grocery stores, farmers markets and community gardens all depend on good land use policies. Cities’ land use tools of planning, zoning and infrastructure investment can have a positive impact on community health.
Interested in being a Sponsor? Download the Sponsorship Form.